Monday, May 14, 2012

Month 5: Frugality



I have come to accept the fact that although I might be working on something or things are happening with the kids, it just might not get into the blog right away.  That's that.  Step 1, Acceptance. 

This month for my 12 in 2012, I am focusing on Frugality.  I have already done a good amount to work towards this and look forward to sharing my progress in a couple of posts throughout the remainder of the month.

I know that when some people hear the word "Frugal", they automatically think "Cheap" but to me, it means learning to make the most out of every dollar you have.  I have not always been great with my money but Dan is really good at thinking about the money he spends and not just buying for the sake of buying.  

My goals for this month are:

1. Try out a thrift store and see what I can find to use or re-purpose
2. Do a comparison on price between my usual grocery store and another store
3. Curb my impulse purchases (mostly candy and drinks from drugstores)



2 comments:

The Lane Family said...

LOVE THIS ONE!!! My husband Jim is also really good about being Frugal but I tend to do quick purchases as well. I have found that thrift stores are GREAT and it is fun to change things up and make fun new things!!

championm2000 said...

I needed to see this post today (as I plan the babies' second birthday party).

I have found some cool re-purposing ideas on Pinterest. I look forward to seeing what you find.