I was home this week with Emma and Josh and its been fun! Its definitely a challenge to keep them entertained all the time but we did the zoo, a couple story hours, trips to the park, visit to a splash pad, lunch at Subway and some crafts at home. I really love spending a lot of time with them.
1. I took her arm and pretended to nibble on it and said "I am going to eat your arm like a sausage." She promptly told me "Mom, I'm not a sausage, I'm a kid!"
2. She has a great imagination. She likes to line up toys on the floor and then jump over them. She tells me they are mountains. She also puts all of her toys in a pile and then pretends to be a doctor and takes care of them.
1. He loves to help with things. He gets so excited when I lift him onto the counter so he can put toast in the toaster or when I give him a plastic knife and let him spread cream cheese on the toast. He also tries to help Dan in the yard with digging or moving bricks. He says "I am a big helper, mama"
They have the funniest conversations with one another. Two of my favorites this week are:
1. We were driving past a playground and Josh said to Emma "Look, Em! A playground! We take mommy and daddy there!"
2. Josh was asking me why I didn't take my shoes off at the splash pad so I told him "Its because I'm a mommy, not a kid." Emma said to me "No, you aren't a mommy. You are a good mom."
So, so precious.
1 week ago