Sunday, September 30, 2012

12ish in 2012

At the beginning of the year, I embarked on an awesome project that I found on MaMe Musings  called 12 in 2012.  When I read about the project, I immediately fell in love with it.  I loved the idea of selecting one item each month to focus on.  I loved the idea of blogging about my progress.  I loved the idea of being able to look back on the year to see how I had progressed.

What I didn't plan on was how hard it would be to document my progress.  I did good for a few months but then June came, I couldn't keep up.  I could insert a million excuses but in the end, work and raising two crazy toddlers has just taken up a large chunk of my time.

I am a believer, however, in the concept that its not how you start but how you finish that matters.  As a result, I am prepared to redeem this project and finish strong!  To do so, I have decided to focus on the three things that matter most to me:

October: Faith
November: Family
December: Happiness

My goals for October are:

1. Read the bible 5 times a week for 15 minutes per day
2. Select 5 bible passages that I can memorize and refer to daily
3. Reach out to one person and share the power of God's love

So that's that. Im back on track and ready to finish the year with this project.  And more importantly, I am looking forward to updating on my progress!



1 comments:

championm2000 said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I am excited to see how we finish the year!

I'll be posting my update later in the morning, but you'll definitely be getting a shout-out :-)

I can't wait to see where this month's focus on faith takes you!