Friday, October 12, 2012

12 in 2012 Update: Faith



I have been working on my Faith focus this month.  Luckily, my church is doing a 20 week series called:



The purpose of the series is to challenge our church to "Raise the Bar" and increase our spiritual involvement.  One of the challenges is a daily bible read.  And they give you the bible verses.  Could it be any easier?

I am doing pretty good with it.   I have read the verses daily and have made it through the book of Genesis.  The cool part is that after a week of reading, the sermon at church will be about the previous weeks' reading.  So not only do I get to read it, I get to hear a message based on what I've read.

The other thing I have been doing is praying regularly.  I have found that its easier for me to find 5 times a day to stop and say a quick one minute prayer versus 5 minutes in the morning to sit and pray.  Instead, I have been stopping to "Say Thanks" or "Ask for Strength" when I need it throughout the day.

I have some more Faith goals as I move through the rest of the month. I hope to have some good updates for you as the month continues!


0 comments: