Saturday, November 17, 2012

12 in 2012: October Wrap up and November Focus



I have decided (in order to justify my lack of posting) that the important part of the 12 in 2012 is actually doing the activities and not posting about it.   So here goes my October update and what I am working on in November:

I did a pretty good job reading the bible 5 days a week.  Since my church is doing a program where they are promoting bible reading 5 times a week, I have been able to follow along with their program.  I am only 3 readings short of where I am supposed to be so not bad!

The one concept that keeps coming to me as I read the bible stories is the idea that God wants amazing things for us and with obedience to His will, we can have those amazing things.   This is teaching me to listen more to what He wants more in my life.

I actually wrote down about 15 verses over the past month of reading but a few really strike me:


Psalms 40:1-3
I waited patiently for God to help me; then He listened and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, of praises to our God. Now many will hear of the glorious things He did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in Him.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him


As I move forward, my goal is to memorize these and other verses so that I can recall them when I need them. 


In November, I am working on Family.  This month, I am working on spending extra time with my family, doing a few nice things for them and telling them how I feel.   Vague? Perhaps.   But some of them read my blog so I don't want to spoil anything I might be doing in the next couple weeks.  So stay tuned!

0 comments: