He ate it and immediately asked for another one, which I gave him. As he put the second one to his mouth, he started spitting and saying that his mouth tasted funny. I grabbed him and ran to the bathroom, where we started rinsing out his mouth. I looked down at him and he was already developing hives around his eyes and on his neck. At this point, I told him to keep rinsing his mouth and I grabbed my cell phone and the epi pen so that I would have both if I needed them.
His eyes ended up swelling and he got a stomach ache and was even gagging over a bucket for awhile because he said he felt sick but after 30 minutes and a dose of allergy medicine, he calmed down. His breathing never became labored and he was always conscious so I didn't need to use the epi pen and we didn't go to the ER. The next day, his face was still red with hives but he was a lot better. Here is how he looked:
That scare was enough for me but on Sunday, we went to play at one of my friends' houses and she has two small dogs. Although dogs have never showed up on any of his allergy screens, he started to get hives and his face got red again. He also complained about not feeling well. So I don't know what is going on with that but it looks like we have another trip to the allergist in our near future!
In the meantime, we are not giving him any kind of nut. If I see the word "nut" anywhere on the label, I am throwing the item out, I just can't risk it!