Thursday, November 14, 2013

Still here!

I still think about my blog and I still take a lot of photos but I just haven't been good about updating.  Part of it is that I don't have the time and the other part? A lot of times, I really don't feel like updating about what's been going on.  The last 6 months have been...hard.   Emma and Josh are becoming their own crazy-obsessive-sometimes psychotic spirited and determined selves and although its a blessing to watch them mature, its exhausting and demanding.   Don't get me wrong, we still have fun but its normally fun mixed with fights over socks and screaming because I brought the wrong string cheese. (solid mozzarella is the cheese of choice at our house, as a heads up.)  So when I go to update my blog I am thinking "How can I really talk about how fun Halloween was when Emma spent 30 minutes screaming about how she didn't want to wear her costume and Josh spent another minutes screaming about how I wouldn't let him eat a Snickers.  (Because I didn't want him to die from his peanut allergy.)"   Yes, fun times.

Anyways, not that I owe anyone an explanation or not that many people even read anymore but I felt like being honest about where I have been.  I am here.  Sometimes hiding in a closet because someone wants juice.  But not that juice.  The juice with the apple on it.  No, not that apple.  The other apple.   And not that cup.  The cup with the blue truck on it.  And not with a lid.  With a straw.  You get the picture...

Speaking of pictures, I have a bunch to get caught up on.   And I plan to post more often, too.  Emma and Josh seem to be settling down a little.  Or I am just getting better at dealing with them.  Or maybe a little bit of both.  But either way, I don't want to forget these times either even though they aren't always easy!



4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love this post because I get it. I really, really get it. :)

Krisy said...

I am right there with you, probably why I haven't updated in almost a year. We are living the same life! Can't believe we are almost 4!

mtendere said...

Happy for the update. Sounds like they are keeping you on your toes!

The Lane Family said...

This is an AWESOME post because I completely understand Shannon...and I know and understand those days when I put myself in time out...:) I would like to say that the older they get the easier it becomes but to be honest it just gets different..so I look for those GREAT moments and those are my "mom moment's" for all of the other times when I want to pull my hair out!!!