Monday, February 17, 2014

Run, Shannon, Run

I haven't really talked about it at all on the blog but about a year ago, I started running. It started off innocent enough. A couple miles on the treadmill a few times a week. Until I got it in my head that I would run a half marathon. And just like that, my world changed! Since then, I have become a runner. I get up early to run, check the forecast for a day where its going to be above freezing so I can get outside and constantly am thinking about what race I am going to run next. My goals this year are to run another 2 half marathons and maybe, if I can get the confidence, run a marathon in the fall. We'll see how it goes!

 Here are some pictures from my last half marathon- it was so cold and the wind was hitting my face so hard for the last 3 miles. I was able to finish only a minute slower than my previous race so I was happy with that







1 comments:

Angela said...

Good for you! Running give you such a good feeling - stress-wise & health-wise. Way to go & best of luck in your races in 2014.

I was a runner pre-kiddos but never ran any races...it took awhile to get back into it after they were born. My boys are 3 1/2 now and just in the past 6 months is when I've really revved up my running & started racing - I'm addicted now, just like you. It's great to have race goals for 2014.